July 14, 2014

Travel Therapy: Montreux-Vevey area, Switzerland


The 3rd installment from my Europe trip features my day trip to the scenic and beautiful towns of Montreaux & Vevey. Other than my painful shoes, I had the most perfect day in this picturesque region. My time there was spent visiting the famous Chateau de Chillon and just generally chilling by the seaside. We briefly visited Lausanne, but at that point, I was too tired to whip out my camera.  
I hope you enjoy the pictures.

At Château de Chillon which is located on the shore of Lake Geneva in Veytaux
Army uniforms in Chateau de Chillon
Chilling at the shore side
Charlie Chaplin adopted the lovely city of Vevey and a statue by the lake side was erected in his remembrance 
Shirt:Old Navy|Shoes:Dr.Scholls|Skinnies:F21
You can see the alps in the far distance
Located across the Alimentarium Food Museum, the giant fork was set up to mark the museum's 10th anniversary
The quaint town of Vevey



Random fact: Milk chocolate was invented in Vevey by Daniel Peter in 1875. Source

That's all folks,  have a great week.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful place. Your pictures are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos and I love your chic casual style

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is beautiful. I love the picture of you mimicking the statue lol

    www.buzzedbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics! I love your outfit too with that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That explains why Nestle's headquarters are in Vevey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your blouse Miss! Great print! And lovely combo with the flats! ;)
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like you had a blast. Love the pictures and LOVE the fact that you travel =)

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hunni I love your photos!!! Blue is my favorite color so I am adoring this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are beautiful! It looks like you had a great time. I love the bold colors of your outfit! I bet you stood out in a very fashionable way!!

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful photos! I so wanna be there...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful place. I adore your top and the blue +green color combo. so pretty. Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog. stay in touch.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you.will love to see that city someday.those loafers are too cute to be painful. .

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos :) love ur look.. simple and cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the pics are awesome. What a beautiful city. You look fabulous too. Love the cute blouse and the green jacket rocks!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Switzerland is definitely on my list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Switzerland is definitely on my list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pictures! especially that of the standing fork!

    I nominated you. Please check www.girlane.com.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete