August 25, 2014

Bourbon Street, New Orleans & a lil bit of Baton Rouge

I was in Louisiana this past 4th of July for the Essence music festival. My friends and I flew into Baton Rouge and the plan was to explore the city before driving down to New Orleans (the festival location). On asking our Baton Rouge hotel receptionist what adventures we could get up to, she gave us a ten minutes speech on how awfully boring it was in Baton Rouge, and how we were crazy to think we could have fun there. We decided to still hit the streets, and true to her words, there was absolutely nothing to do in Baton Rouge! We went to the old State Capitol and turned our time there to a mini photo shoot. 

New Orleans on the other hand was bustling with activity, and once we freshened up at our hotel, we headed straight to the French Quarters to stuff our faces with Cajun and Creole cuisine (Etouffe, anyone!). Thereafter, we went to the legendary Bourbon Street. I had heard so much about Bourbon Street, and I was not in any way disappointed. The partying, the street dancing and drinking was epic!

It was a fun day, but I wish I had taken the time to explore the brightly colored creole cottages, and enjoy authentic jazz music.


I will be posting pictures from the music festival but for now enjoy the pictures from my first day in Louisiana!
Top:Express| Shorts:Express|Bag:KateSpade

Baton Rouge street direction
Old Louisiana State Capitol  in BR

Still in Baton Rouge

Bourbon Street, NOLA!









Louis Armstrong Park, French quarters   
So we stopped at the famous Cafe Du Monde for some beignet
and of course we had to get some hand grenades!



That's all folks. Have an amazing week.

15 comments:

  1. My ajala the traveler blogger friend...lol.

    Lovely pictures and i love your braids.

    www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures.
    You look really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun, I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. You and your friends look great by the way!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I love your pink bag! ;)
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful place, you look amazing love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you really love travelling ooo
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo of your whole outfit. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit New Orleans one day, especially the French Quarters! Your photos look lovely. I love the outfit as well! Pastel pink has been one my of favorite colors to wear :)

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous photos, New Orleans must be amazing !
    I love your outfit dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pink!!!

    New Orleans is def on my travel list!!

    www.tinuology.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots, your hair and makeup are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very elegant, simple, and practical look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete